Monday, October 09, 2006

Au Revoir Ruth












So it's goodbye to Ruth Evershed who has been a mainstay of Spooks since Series 2 when she arrived from GCHQ. I've always thought that Nicola Walker brought an eccentricity and vulnerability to the part and unlike some of the other female characters in this long running series she wasn't 'annoying' in that way female characters often are when written by a man.

I have to admit here and now as well that I've always had a soft spot for Nicola, I think she has one of those faces you'd like your best female friend to have but not your wife/lover - you know kind, dependable, interesting but just this side of sexy to prevent any lewd thoughts.

So now we're left with Jo Portman the naive ex-journo who'll bend over backwards (or frontwards) for Adam and Ros Myers who has bunny boiler potential.

At this rate they'll be nobody left in MI5 by the end of Season 5 - apart from Ros probably - oh no, I've just realised the series plotline!

1 comment:

Paul said...

I had them down as the Baldrick and Mrs Miggins - But I think you're closer.