Thursday, February 14, 2013

The mysteries of Twitter

I don't have a Twitter account. I have enough problems maintaining my blog and Flickr accounts without wanting to publish more inane thoughts, most of which seem to be along the lines of the 'I'm on the train' mobile phone type calls.

I do actually want to do more writing and photography this year and the former should really have come to the fore with the recent bad weather that has prevented much of the latter, unfortunately my ongoing arm problems has meant that having spent most of the day on the computer at work the last thing I am physically capable of doing when I get home is more typing.

Anyway enough of my problems.

Nathalie is a prolific twitter and we have an almost nightly ritual of me asking her at around 8 p.m what are the subjects that are 'trending' - anyway one of her followers is a well known actor (I won't name names publicly except to say he appears in one of the BBC's top rated dramas) and she reciprocates by following him. They were having an online discussion the other night and half way through they were joined by two other followers of the actor and the conversation seemed to go from social to socially inept. I said to Nathalie "stop annoying the poor man and leave him alone," she actually tweets this! Back comes the reply, "Tell your Dad you're not bothering me and say Hi."

Now how is that for undermining parental control? The really weird thing is that when she read out the message I could hear it in the character for which he is best known's voice.

Anyway come Tuesday morning and Nathalie shows me her mobile phone screen on which is her twitter account and a message which says "Happy Birthday Sir." I have a grin from ear to ear, it's the simple things in life and I've fallen for a message from an actor I only know by proxy - how sad am I?

5 comments:

Span Ows said...

LOL! Belated Happy Birthday by the way and I wish you wouldn't keep putting a week's posts up at once!

...and just to put a downer on it, careful she's not being groomed!

Paul said...

Sorry - meant to post earlier (as written) but just didn't get round to it.

Thanks for the birthday wishes and I agree with the downer, that was something that I thought of too.

oakleyses said...

north face, nike air max uk, sac hermes, hollister uk, nike air force, louboutin pas cher, michael kors, oakley pas cher, converse pas cher, abercrombie and fitch uk, hollister pas cher, nike free run, jordan pas cher, nike tn, burberry pas cher, longchamp pas cher, timberland pas cher, nike air max, polo ralph lauren, nike roshe, lululemon canada, ralph lauren uk, true religion outlet, guess pas cher, vans pas cher, sac longchamp pas cher, nike air max uk, true religion jeans, hogan outlet, north face uk, new balance, air max, ray ban pas cher, nike free uk, true religion outlet, nike blazer pas cher, sac vanessa bruno, michael kors pas cher, ray ban uk, polo lacoste, michael kors outlet, mulberry uk

oakleyses said...

ralph lauren, vans, gucci, pandora jewelry, ray ban, hollister, ugg, swarovski crystal, links of london, lancel, toms shoes, juicy couture outlet, montre pas cher, pandora uk, replica watches, converse outlet, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, coach outlet, ugg uk, hollister, ugg pas cher, uggs outlet, ugg boots, supra shoes, pandora charms, marc jacobs, louboutin, thomas sabo, juicy couture outlet, ugg boots, karen millen uk, uggs outlet, converse, swarovski, uggs on sale, nike air max, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, wedding dresses

oakleyses said...

michael kors outlet store, coach purses, prada outlet, nike air max, michael kors outlet online, chanel handbags, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, coach outlet, replica watches, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses wholesale, longchamp outlet, christian louboutin uk, michael kors outlet online, kate spade outlet, burberry handbags, ray ban sunglasses, coach outlet, tiffany jewelry, oakley sunglasses, nike free, nike air max, christian louboutin, kate spade, nike outlet, christian louboutin outlet, christian louboutin shoes, oakley sunglasses, jordan shoes, polo outlet, burberry outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet online, tory burch outlet, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, michael kors outlet, true religion outlet, gucci handbags, coach outlet store online, prada handbags, michael kors outlet online