Friday, March 11, 2011

"I'm more impressionable when my cement is wet"
(Billy Bragg - Greetings to the New Brunette)


I'm really shouldn't be let out on my own, let alone be given any responsibility. Having arranged a photoshoot with Amy, who I worked with last September, we exchanged e-mails, location, times etc and she asked me to pick her up. I text back saying I'd send her a message when I was outside and said is this your number .........., she sent back a slightly worried e-mail saying no, that's not my number this is........

Given that numbers are my livelihood I went back to my phone book and sure enough I had her correct number, it was just that the number I had quoted was our IT guy. I would have loved to have seen Adrian's face when he received a text saying, "Outside your flat, don't forget the high heels."

Mind you I'm not the only one having communication problems, I received an e-mail from a client in the boat building industry this week who obviously has more than one Paul in his contacts book. The e-mail was concerning a rubber seal that was apparently too tight around his customers main shaft. It made me smile anyway.

3 comments:

Span Ows said...

LOL! Excellent. "Outside in five, it was the bikini shoot you anted, right, although lingerie isn't out of the question?"

Re communications, it is getting worse only because of all the options, Blackberry Messenger, Yahoo or MS the same, emails, it's getting to the stage where there are too many media for a contact; I have a Venezuelan customer who now has at least 10 different ways I can contact him!

A Northern Bloke said...

I think the phrase "Oh, Matron!" could well apply to several parts of this post!

My mate Phil sends me a text every Thursday to ask if I'm going to the pub : it is always so crude we call it the "Text of Philth". One of these days he'll send it to the wrong person and all hell will break loose.

Paul said...

I agree about communications, Nathalie has facebook, twitter, MSN and blackberry and she's 16 - what hope is there?

Adrian in a bikini, not a nice thought.