Sunday, May 22, 2011

Come on we've all done it....haven't we?




It's Friday, just after 4:50 p.m, wind down time before the short commute home. Computers off, printers off, windows shut and locked. You stand in your office, suit on, just waiting for the traditional Friday rush, a song starts in your head, dredged up from the back of the record collection stored in your brain. Without knowing where or why it starts you begin playing air guitar, swirling around the room, oblivious to anybody and anything.

The alarm on the mobile phone goes off, 4:55, the moment is broken, you're back in the room. Looking down you see faces looking back at you, traffic stopped at the junction below the office. Well, you've made somebody's day.

3 comments:

Span Ows said...

Brillaint. All done it.

With regard to Siouxsie and the Banshees, Once Upon A Time is still one of the 'oldie' CDs I play most.

Paul said...

They were a very good singles band, one of my favourites.

re the air guitar, I'm just glad it is light at 5 otherwise with the dark nights and the office lights I would have looked a right pillock.

Span Ows said...

I'd check YouTube if I were you

;-)