Sunday, September 04, 2011

Get a hat



This is Andreya a model with whom I had a three hour shoot yesterday, split between a studio and the New Forest.  As well as being very professional and a fun person to be with she is also a great story teller, recounting her exploits during her time as a model. She also managed to answer a question that is related to a post I started working on a fortnight ago and which I will post shortly, something which has been bothering me for a while now.

In the meantime enjoy the hat!

4 comments:

A Northern Bloke said...

Very nice....er,...hmmmm....photo!

Seriously, thgough, how did you light that shot? Proper lighting is one thing that baffles me.

Span Ows said...

Indeed, nice photo; posed to present her assets in the best 'light' possible.

Paul said...

Honestly, what are you two like!

The lighting wasn't totally correct on the shot Shy, you can see her left arm is partly in shadow. It should have been shot one light from the front and one lighting the background but I actually had the main light to the left as you look, hence the shadow on the arm.

It was the first time I'd used this studio and it was very small and took some working around to get the best set-up, this was one of the first which I think still turned out okay.

Talking of light I'm very envious of the light you get off the North Sea with your shots.

A Northern Bloke said...

My guess would be that it's hard to beat natural light and the scenery is very good. I would doubt, however, that Andreya and her colleagues would turn up for a shoot on the rocks at Whitburn!