Friday, October 14, 2011

Photograph of the day


Was Oliver Letwin just unlucky in addition to being just plain stupid? I mean how many days must you hang out in one of London's parks just hoping to take a photograph of a Government Minister dropping papers in a bin before you get lucky - five days in a row?

I've always thought that Letwin had a decent brain in his head, certainly I think his 2001 plan for the economy was something that should have been seriously considered - after all he did spend some time in the Treasury - and might have saved us a lot of hassle now. Unfortunately as with politics of all colours if you say something that seems slightly radical, even ten years ago, then you get ridiculed and sent to Coventry.

Coming on the same day as the resignation of Liam Fox, who no doubt will be back sooner rather than later unless he is found to have been a complete prat, it's been a week of getting out the big mop for Dave.   

2 comments:

Span Ows said...

definitely stupid but hardly unlucky, wasn't it The Mirror following him around?

re Fox, well Matt Cavanagh in the Guardian on Friday ripped him a new one and he's not exactly Labour!

another Eurosceptic out of the government.

A Northern Bloke said...

I wonder how my boss would've reacted if I'd took one of my mates into work meetings?