Sunday, November 06, 2011

Not quite Audrey Hepburn

I promised Shy that I would reply to his very funny  'shaky hand' comment on the photograph of Monica on the bed by telling the back story to it. We were doing a 'rock chick' shoot in Southampton which was set around the idea of a musician in her hotel room, nothing to raunchy just a girl, her pet lobster, guitar and champagne - oh and a bottle of Jim Beam. It was a really good shoot and I was pleased with the outcome. The four photographs below are a selection, and yes, the overlay is intentional - it's supposed to look arty and not as my wife thought - a mistake - some people!

 

Anyway we had finished the shots involving the guitar and I said we should do a few clothed shots on the bed, so I began setting up the lights and Monica got dressed, we then stood and talked for a while and she said she would like to do some Audrey Hepburn inspired shots the next time we worked together, I said that would be great and as well as doing the usual 'homage' type of shoot we could also try and subvert it whilst staying respectful, then I asked Monica to get in position for the shot below.

 

As soon as she gets into position I bring the camera up to eye level and have to put it down again, not because of any shaky hand problems but because I'm laughing. Monica looks at me and says in her wonderful Polish/Scottish accent, "Why are you laughing?" to which I reply, "Well I don't know about you but I've never seen a photograph of Audrey Hepburn where she wasn't wearing any knickers!" She was obviously so comfortable with the situation she hadn't put under underwear back on.

It was a very funny moment, had it been at the start of the session it would have been an ice breaker but coming at the end of a two hour session it ended what was a very enjoyable shoot.   Needless to say before the above photograph was taken an adjustment was made, no she didn't get 'dressed' as they used to say in the movies, she simply pulled the bottom of her skirt up to preserve some modesty. 

3 comments:

A Northern Bloke said...

If she ever wants to take up the guitar on a more serious basis, you know where to send her.

However, since the obvious joke about a G-string has already been dealt with, how about a bit of alternative fingering?

Span Ows said...

...fingering a coo stick?

Anonymous said...

Fastidious respond in return of this issue with genuine arguments
and telling everything concerning that.

Feel free to visit my website - where to buy hcg drops in stores