Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Lucy Ward



The album Adelphi Has To Fly was released last summer by the Derby born folk singer Lucy Ward and I hadn't heard a track from it until Christmas Day when I was giving it as a present. I don't think it matters whether or not you like folk music when you hear this young woman's voice because it transcends all genres.

The above clip is from last years Sheppey Festival and is her version of a traditional folk song warning young women about the perils of marrying an old man. I was so taken by the album that I e-mailed Lucy on Boxing Day and she replied a couple of days later thanking me for my support and inviting me to meet her the next time she is gigging in my area. Having checked her tour schedule, and she is some workaholic, it looks like I will have to wait until September.

What a nice person.

3 comments:

A Northern Bloke said...

She definitely has a good voice but I can't help wondering at what point does a man become old?

Span Ows said...

LOL, I wonder did Paul ask that when she agreed to meet...obviously not! ;-)

Paul said...

Yes you two very droll. I do intend making a comment about my age when we meet.